From Bricks to Nature Heritage Trail
Interpretation Point F
The Haunchwood Brick and Tile works No 1 Yard opened in the 1869’s following James Knox’s discovery of the blue clay in the local area (he spied it whilst on the train coming through Nuneaton). With the growth in demand for bricks and tiles throughout the 19th Century the Company expanded and operated into the 1960’s. In the late 1960’s the Brickworks shut down and demolition took place in the early 1970’s leaving the site able to recover and nature take its hold.